24 Apr 2021 - Day 3 Love self

 It’s the 3rd day that I am supposed to journal about 5 things I love about myself. Yet I have yet to write anything. Whenever I tink of what I need to write, I can find nothing. In fact I find the opposite. 

Both days 1 and 2, I didn’t work out and over ate, snack much and didn’t really do much. How to love self? 

As much as I know loving self should not be related to my behaviour but that is how it is with me at the moment. Even with the kids, I feel that way. 

Day 3, sat, I felt I could love myself cos I pulled myself out of the bed and went for a run. It made me very happy cos at least I was showing I loved myself. Exercise was important for me to regain my full strength. So by being able to drag myself out of bed, I showed that I loved myself enough. 

And the pain from post exercise can be unbearable. During the workout, feeling so weak and “disabled” is discouraging. So going through with the workout means a great deal to me. And I am thankful to myself for loving myself enough to go through the pain, the trouble and having the discipline to not eat junk. 

I don’t know what else to write about loving self. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 June 2021 - Reflections (Too many questions)

10 June 2021 - Reflections (Confusion)

Did God hear my prayer? (16 Feb 2021)